Monday, August 20, 2012

First day of sanity (er....school)

The kids weren't too bad this morning. (this is not normal). Noah however seems to think it's prefectly acceptable to be going through a 2 year old stage.....he's the oldest kid we have full time and he at times acts the youngest. Such a headache. Finally i had to put my foot down and say no to football and anything else until he takes on the responsibilities he has. And really I don't ask much of the kids so this shouldn't be hard. My 7 year old special needs step son takes on more responsibility!! I wish I could say it was just a stage but *sigh* such is life with my son. He always resorts to "I want my dad" "dad" in this case left 6 years ago at least and has had no contact with him......I told my son he just as well embrace the fact that he has 2 perfectly good and more than REAL dads right here in town. Mike and Austin both try all they can for him. breaks my heart really. I am supposed to be on a vaca this week as I wasn't supposed to be babysitting (the ex is on medical leave for a week) but there have been some issues I guess so maybe vaca will start tomorrow. We got all the medical records for my step son so now we can get him more specialized care and hopefully get him on the right track towards the right therapy or help to let him excel. There are some who are convinced he is autistic. I am not convinced it's that but I am also not convinced he's "just slow". I know I am all over the place in this blog but this is more for my therapy anyways......at least until my mind can focus.......with 6 kids don't hold your breath LOL. I should know better than to sit here with food network on......oh boy.  Usually I cook up a Thanksgiving dinner to feed a small army complete with leftovers but this year my due date falls too close to plan it that way. Bummed out on that one cuz the pumpkin cheesecake was a hit and I found a new cheesecake recipie I wanna try out for it. Maybe I'll still be able to sneak in something......hmmm......well Dryer just got done so back to this housewife gig.....(the stay at home mom job is hard but i love the housewife job :)

No comments: