Thursday, December 4, 2014

miss those kiddos

I was sick yesterday. Yup again.  Sigh.  Moving on.  Actually I'm not in a blog mood. My to do is so long.  I managed to balance my check book and pay my bills for the month. But there's that joint checkbook and the family bills.  Then there's scheduling appointments and trying to get a hold of social services.  In trying to find out the truth behind my background check that had kept me from helping out or seeing my god children. My friend made some choices that resulted in her no longer having them.  I tried to turn in a background check to get them or at least help out whomever had them.  I was informed it came back bad but any further details were sketchy. And so far my calls are not being returned. I also want to see about sending letters, cards, pictures ect.  One of the kids is in foster care in another town so I'm always hopeful that maybe I'll run into them at Walmart sometime. Another is here in town with family and I would love to help babysit especially since they are in the process of having a baby in another town. Another is in the group home Noah used to be at.  And I'd just love to send him a little love when things seem down.   But I'm awaiting a call back. I was told to just keep on it as the lady I'm  trying to contact is very busy.  I love those kids to pieces. I've been with them all since before they were born.  I've held them in sicknesses at the hospital, celebrated countless holidays and Helped with all their needs and watched them grow into beautiful individuals. Granted with changes in my life and theirs I wasn't around as much as I  should have been.  But they never doubted my love.  It was so much easier when they lived next door.  I may not technically be godmom  anymore but that doesn't change their place in my heart.  I also carry their picture in my wallet. I'm lucky enough that the friends who have the one here in town allow me to see her and recognize my part in the kids lives.  I'm forever grateful for that. And now I'm off to hopefully get something accomplished while i wait for a call.  But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: